At FAITH, we take Jesus’ call to carry His compassion and hope to the world seriously. Jesus was so committed to caring for the poor, the broken, the lost and alone, the hopeless…and we are entirely convinced that He calls His Church to make that same commitment. We want to be people who seek the peace of our city, care for the hurting, and actively show that WE ARE FOR our community, our country, and our world. And we want you to join us.
Whether you grew up in church or this is your first experience checking one out, if you want to be a part of impacting our communities through service and compassion, then we have a place for you. Take a look at the on-going mission opportunities available and email to join one of our projects.
• Adopt-a-School partnership with Marley Middle School and Point Pleasant Elementary School
• Community Vegetable Garden for the hungry in our area
• Feeding the poor and homeless every Saturday
• Winter Relief – a weeklong project, hosting homeless men at FAITH
• Making quilts for the sick and shut-in
• Ongoing partnership with the Bruce Outreach Center in Westernport, MD, seeking to break the cycles of poverty and illiteracy in one of our country’s poorest communities.
• Repairing homes through the Appalachian Service Project in Guyan Valley, WV.
• Long-term partnership with our India Missions Pastor, David Rajan, caring and reaching out to the destitute in the villages in Chennai, India
• Monthly sponsorship of orphans at the North River Child Development Center in India
• Yearly Shoebox Collection for Operation Christmas Child
• Our garden ministry serves our Faith community by beautifying our grounds, preventing water runoff that pollutes our streams and serves as an outdoor classroom for the CDC. It also allows for outdoor fellowship in the open field. The vegetable garden is an opportunity to plant, serve and help grow fresh healthy produce for the Food Pantry Ministry, Salvation Army lunch prep ministry. This ministry will continue to expand as God directs. Opportunites to serve include hoeing, weeding, planting and watering throughout the variety of gardens and the trail. To volunteer to help with the gardens, please email email@example.com.
• We also take part in local Project Clean Stream events, which involve cleaning up our community waterways and surrounding areas.
For more information on any of our missions opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.